JADCO EXPANDS FUSION LINE WITH NEW ULTRABOND EJADCO • Rich F.
CUSTOMERS ASK… JADCO DELIVERS
Over recent years, the industry results using JADCO UltraBond welding wire for installing QT-PLUS®, AR400, AR500, and other heat-treated wear-resistant steel has been highly successful. Our customers have been so impressed with FUSION™ UltraBond wire, they requested we offer the matching performance in a stick electrode.
Introducing FUSION™ UltraBond-E. This new stick electrode takes away your concerns when determining the correct welding alloy to use for installing or repairing wear plates.
FUSION™ UltraBond-E is now available in 10# boxes for all the popular welding diameters: 3/32”, 1/8”, 5/32”, and 3/16”.
To order now, contact your salesperson or email email@example.com to order your FUSION™ UltraBond stick or wire welding alloys today.
ULTRABOND WAS FORMULATED FOR COLD WEATHER, BUT WORKS GREAT EVERYWHERE
UltraBond was developed specifically for installing wear-resistant and low alloy steels on heavy equipment in challenging cold-weather locations. The colder the temperature is, the less impact resistance you will have…with any material. The AWS (American Welding Society) standards determine a structural weld is acceptable if it withstands 20 ft-lbs. impact at -20°F (Charpy Impact Test). Fusion Ultra-Bond has been tested to withstand 66 ft-lbs. of impact at -40°F, thus taking greater impact in severe environments.
Is cold weather not a concern in your area? FUSION™ Ultra-Bond delivers greater strength and impact resistance in any environment, more than most commercial joining wires.
- 88,500 PSI Tensile Strength – compatible with most high strength, low alloy steels to each other; and to most low carbon structural steels.
Fig.1 – Easy Slag Removal – slag brushes away easily, leaving an excellent bead profile with almost no spatter.
ALWAYS MATCH THE CHEMISTRY OF YOUR WELDING ALLOY TO YOUR BASE METAL WHEN WELDING.
Wear-resistant steel contains varying amounts of Nickel, Chromium, Molybdenum, Boron, and other alloying elements. This requires a welding alloy to have matching elements for maximum strength and ductility. (If you are uncertain what ductility means, click here to check out our glossary online.)
When installing JADCO QT-PLUS® through-hardened wear-resistant steel, it is most often welded into position. QT-PLUS® is the industry leader for long life with consistent, predictable wear.
Fig 2. – Most people have seen welds crack in the center of the weld. This is a sign your welding products do not have sufficient alloys present in the weld deposit, compared to the wear plate you are welding. Both wire and stick will crack, if they do not contain adequate levels of alloying elements.
BENEFITS OF USING FUSION ULTRA BOND E
- Seamless Flux Cored Wire – eliminates moisture pick up as most seamed flux-cored wires usually do. This prevents excess Hydrogen embrittlement when you weld in high moisture environments, which is the cause of most structural weld failures. (see Fig. 4 below)
- Copper Clad Wire – most flux-cored wires are not copper coated, to prevent surface rust contamination. Essential for consistent solid welds without concern for weld defects requiring re-work. This is particularly important when you live and work in high humidity environments. If you have periods of time with no welding, having a copper-coated seamless wire will not rust like you currently experience.
- Gas Shielded Flux Cored Wire – utilizes 75% Ar/25% CO2 for clean, nearly spatter-free welds; or use straight CO2.
- High Production Performance – UltraBond delivers more inches of weld per minute than most conventional flux-cored wires. When unscheduled breakdown repairs demand you get your equipment up and running ASAP, this is the wire you want ready to use in your welding equipment.
Every JADCO wire is layer level wound on each spool. This means our wires prevent the feeding issues you experience with our competitor’s random wound spools. You have seen strands of wire on the spool where they overlap, causing burn-back onto the contact tip.
Fig. 4 – Here you can see the overlap in forming most flux-cored or metal-cored welding wires. Having this type of seam acts as a wick and pulls moisture into the flux center of the wire. If you see slight surface rust on your welding wire, you can be certain it has even more moisture in the center.
IMPROVED PACKAGING REDUCES SHIPPING DAMAGE FOR OUR FUSION WELDING WIRES
Here is one more reason to buy from JADCO. Our product is double boxed when shipped, and contains a styrofoam insert for extra protection. You’ll receive your electrodes and wire in perfect shape, ready for your next project.
CONTACT US TODAY!
JADCO focuses exclusively on delivering consistent, longer life for our customer’s equipment for over the last 40 years. In addition, we listen to our customers and work every day to make your job easier, and you and your team more productive.
If you’re interested in hearing more about FUSION™ Ultrabond E, allow us to help you by calling 724.452.5252, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org today. We will schedule a meeting with one of our local wear plate specialists at a time that best fits your schedule requirements.